Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II Pro Hollow Body Electric Guitar in Vintage Sunburst - EMPPROVSGH
but if you place an order we can get one in quickly. If you'd like to find out how long it will take contact us here and we will get right back to you.
The Joe Pass Emperor-II PRO is a true archtop with a Select Spruce top and classic "arch" for optimum tone. The back and sides of the Emperor II are made from Laminated Flame Maple and comes in three beautiful finishes--Natural, Wine Red, and Joe's favorite, Vintage Sunburst. The top also has a bound "tortoise" style pickguard shaped to House of Stathopoulo's unique profile along with our signature metal "E".
A hand-set 3-piece laminated hard Maple neck features a Rosewood fingerboard with beautiful pearloid block inlays, 20 medium jumbo frets, and is topped off with the Epiphone-vintage style "tree of life" design seen on the best Epi archtops since the late 1930s. The Emperor-II PRO features the new Graphtech NuBone XL nut that is as hard as bone but will last a lifetime. Graphtech molds and engineers each NuBone XL nut for consistent tone and string balance as well as precise string spacing.
Grover Rotomatic 18:1 ratio machine heads provide fast, intuitive, and worry-free tuning. The black and white truss rod cover has an elegantly lettered "Joe Pass Emperor-II PRO" in white.
The Joe Pass Emperor-II PRO gets its name from the new critically acclaimed ProBucker humbuckers.
The first generation of humbuckers were made at the Epiphone/Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan in the late 50s and have acquired a mythical status among guitar players.
Epiphone ProBucker pickups have that elusive tone because they are made with the same alloy as the originals--18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers--along with Sand cast Alnico II magnets and high quality 4-conductor lead wire. Each ProBucker pickup is also vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics.
The Emperor-II PRO has a ProBucker-2 in the neck position and a slightly hotter ProBucker-3 in the lead position. Both pickups also have coil-splitting via their individual volume controls. Coil-splitting allows a player to turn a humbucker pickup into a single coil pickup for endless tone combinations. The Joe Pass Emperor-II PRO also sounds great unplugged and at low volume for players who strive for those classic horn-like tones like Joe Pass played.
Each ProBucker pickup's volume and tone are attenuated by Top Hat control knobs with metal inserts that are spaced slightly farther apart than a typical archtop along with a 3-way pickup selector with an ivory-colored toggle cap.
The Emperor-II PRO has rock solid nickel hardware in elegant gold and a vintage style gold scroll tailpiece, a design inspired by vintage Kalamazoo-made archtops. The Emperor-II PRO is strung at the factory with Joe Pass-approved D'Addario 10-46 gauge strings. And setting the intonation for the Emperor-II PRO is easy with a floating Rosewood bridge with thumbwheels for quick height adjustment.
- Top Material: Select Spruce, Arched with Hand-Scalloped Bracing and Sound Post Back Material: Laminated Flame Maple
- Side Material: Laminated Flame Maple
- Neck Material: 3-pc Laminated Hard Maple
- Neck Shape: 1960s SlimTaper, C-Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with Pearloid Block Inlays
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2
- Controls: Bridge Volume with Coil-Tapping, Neck Volume with Coil-Tapping, Bridge Tone, Neck Tone, 3-Way Pickup Selector (toggle), Ivory Toggle Cap
- Binding: Top: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Back: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Neck: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Headstock: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), "F" Holes: 1-Ply (Ivory/Black)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20, Medium-Jumbo
- Bridge: Floating Rosewood, Thumbwheel Adjustable Height
- Tailpiece: "Vintage Scroll" Trapeze
- Nut: Graphtech NuBone XL
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover Rotomatic, 18:1 Ratio
- Pickguard: Bound "Tortoise" Pickguard with Metal "E"
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Ply (Black/White), "Joe Pass Emperor-II PRO" in White
- Knobs: Top Hats with Metal Inserts (Volume/Tone)
- Strings: D'Addario 10-46 Guage