Fender American Original 70s Telecaster Custom Electric Guitar Maple in Vintage Blond w/Case - 0110182807
but if you place an order we can get one in quickly. If you'd like to find out how long it will take contact us here and we will get right back to you.
At the dawn of the seventies, as popular music trended towards the fatter tones of humbucking pickups into overdriven amps, Fender hired legendary humbucking pickup designer Seth Lover to create a distinctly Fender-flavored take on a higher output dual-coil pickup. The resulting Wide Range pickup used large bobbins and threaded CuNiFe rod magnets to achieve its unique and brilliant sound. The Telecaster® Custom was discontinued in 1979 and real CuNiFe-magnet pickups disappeared with them.
The American Original ‘70s Telecaster Custom features the first authentic CuNiFe magnet powered Wide Range neck pickup in over 40 years, complimented by a calibrated Tim-Shaw-designed ‘70s Telecaster single-coil bridge pickup. Controls include individual volume and tone for each pickup and an upper-bout 3-way toggle switch. Other touches include original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware - including F logo tuners and bullet truss rod adjust and a lacquer finish that lets the wood breathe naturally with resonant tone. A vintage-style hardshell case is included.
- Body - Alder
- Body Finish - Gloss Lacquer
- Body Shape - Telecaster®
- Neck Material - Maple
- Neck Finish - Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Scale Length - 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard - Maple
- Fingerboard Radius - 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets - 21
- Frets Size - Narrow Tall
- String Nut - Bone
- Nut Width - 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays - Black Dot
- Truss Rods - Bullet Style
- Bridge Pickup - Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Pickup - Tim Shaw Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking
- Controls - Volume 1. (Bridge Pickup), Volume 2. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Neck Pickup)
- Pickup Switching - 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration - SH
- Bridge - 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Tele® with Slotted Steel Saddles