Boss Stereo Looper Effects Pedal - RC5
Your Essential Creative Companion
Step up to the RC-5 and prime your pedalboard with maximum looping range. Capture sound with premium 32-bit quality, navigate parameters and monitor loop status with the backlit LCD, and tap into expanded operation via the control jack and TRS MIDI I/O. And with over 50 rhythms, 13 hours of stereo recording, 99 phrase memories, and more, the compact RC-5 puts a deep well of musical power at your feet.
- Advanced BOSS looping features in a compact footprint
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing
- Stereo looper engine with 13 hours of recording time
- LCD with multi-color backlight for viewing loop status and editing parameters
- Reverse function for infusing loops with interesting textures
- Seven different drum kits and 57 preset rhythms with A/B variations
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with space-saving mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- Onboard storage for 99 phrase memories
- Back up and load WAV loops via USB
Super Sound Quality
Featuring best-in-class 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing, the RC-5 captures your personal sound with full fidelity and keeps loops crystal clear, even with multiple overdubs. And with 13 hours of stereo recording time, there’s plenty of space for extended creative journeys.
Window to Your World
The RC-5 features the most advanced interface available in any compact looper pedal. The LCD lets you keep an eye on loop status as you perform, with a backlight that changes color to indicate recording, overdub, and playback states. And coupled with the multi-function parameter knob, it’s quick and easy to navigate rhythms, kits, system settings, and more in the heat of the moment.
The RC-5’s versatile pedal switch controls all looping functions—record, overdub, play, stop, and undo/redo. But deeper control is also supported if you need it. Connect up to two external footswitches for direct control of many assignable functions, or an expression pedal for continuous adjustments. Players with advanced systems will love the TRS MIDI I/O, which saves space and enables remote operation from MIDI switchers and foot controllers, plus MIDI sync with drum machines and DAWs.
Move and Groove, Forward and Back
With 57 preset rhythms and seven different drum kits, the RC-5 is ready to elevate loop and practice sessions with inspiring grooves for any style. For each rhythm, A/B variations can be selected from the panel or controlled via MIDI while performing. The RC-5’s looper engine also includes a cool reverse function that’s great for infusing your music with fresh sonic colors.
Capture, Practice, and Perform
The RC-5 provides 99 phrase memories, letting you store loops as fast as you create them. In addition to audio, a phrase memory includes the selected rhythm and kit, so it’s ready to go when you call it up. Loop audio can be backed up to a computer via USB. And with WAV import via BOSS Tone Studio, the RC-5 becomes a pedalboard playback hub for lesson material, jam tracks, or backing music for your next gig.