Epiphone Les Paul Standard 50s Electric Guitar in Vintage Sunburst - EILS5VSNH
Epiphone’s new Inspired by Gibson Collection proudly presents the Les Paul Standard 50s! This guitar lovingly recreates the feel and tone of the 1950s era Les Pauls. Epiphone’s long friendship with Mr. Les Paul began in 1940 when Les built one of the world’s first solidbody electric guitars while working nights at the original Epiphone factory in Manhattan. Les’ first solidbody guitar, nicknamed “the Log”, would go on to inspire the Les Paul Standard, which many consider the greatest electric guitar ever made.
The guitar is crafted with a mahogany body, maple cap (AAA veneer on figured tops), bound 50s shaped mahogany neck with long neck tenon, Indian laurel fingerboard with classic trapezoid inlays, Epiphone's new Vintage Deluxe tuners, a pair of critically acclaimed Epiphone ProBucker™ humbuckers, and gold Top Hat knobs with dial pointers.
This Epiphone Inspired by Gibson Original model also has the Kalamazoo headstock, rolled neck for a comfortable feel, Graph Tech® NuBone® nut, era-appropriate wiring, and CTS® pots. Optional hardshell or EpiLite case is available.
ProBucker™ humbucker Pickups
The classic "P.A.F" sound is closer than you think
Epiphone's ProBucker™ humbucker has quietly become one of the most talked about pickups in the industry. It has fooled experts, vintage purists, and even luthiers who have worked with the best vintage examples from the late 50s and early 60s. Epiphone ProBucker™ humbuckers are the real deal--made with 18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers, the same alloy used by Gibson at the Kalamazoo factory when the humbucker was first invented.
The use of Nickel Silver reduces the occurrence of eddy currents due to low conductivity and provides a more transparent and crisp output. The size and shape of the bobbins also has a great impact on tonal response. And the bobbins used on ProBucker™ pickups duplicate the size and shape of the gold standard in the industry, Gibson humbuckers. Epiphone ProBucker™ pickups also feature sand cast Alnico II magnets, high quality 4 conductor lead wire, and are vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics.
- Body Shape - Les Paul
- Body Material - Mahogany
- Top - Carved Hard Maple Cap with AAA Flame Maple Veneer
- Binding - Cream
- Finish - Gloss
- Material - Mahogany
- Profile - 50s Rounded Medium C
- Scale Length - 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Fingerboard Material - Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius - 12"
- Number Of Frets - 22
- Frets - Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material - Graph Tech® NuBone®
- Nut Width - 1.69" / 43mm
- Inlays - Trapezoid
- Joint - Glued in; Set Neck
- Finish - Nickel
- Tuner Plating - Nickel
- Bridge - Epiphone LockTone™ Tune-O-Matic™
- Tailpiece - Epiphone LockTone™ Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines - Epiphone Vintage Deluxe 18:1 ratio machine heads
- Pickguard - 1-Ply; Cream PVC
- TrussRod - Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover - "Bell Shaped"; 2-layer (Black/White) E
- Control Knobs - Gold Top Hat
- Strap Buttons - 2 - bottom and shoulder
- Pickup Covers - Nickel
- Neck Pickup - Epiphone ProBucker™ 1
- Bridge Pickup - Epiphone ProBucker™ 2
- Controls - 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS® pots, 50s style wiring
- Pickup Selector - 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Output Jack - 1/4"
- Strings - .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046