Gibson J-185 Original Acoustic Electric in Vintage Sunburst w/Case - ACO85VSNH
Reserve one now. We will contact you with an estimated delivery date. Questions? Contact us here.
The J-185 is believed by many to be one of Gibson's best acoustic instruments, yet it seems to be fairly obscure, much to the delight of devoted Gibson lovers. Originally released in the early 1950s and designed to be slightly smaller than its larger companion, the SJ-200, the J-185 still offers superior performance and tone.
The J185 Original maintains unsurpassed balance of lows, mids, and highs, with equal response to every note on the fretboard. Acclaimed by many as the perfect body size and shape for any player.
• Finishes Available: Antique Natural, Vintage Sunburst
• Back & Sides: Flame maple
• Top: Sitka spruce
• Binding: Multi-ply top, multi-ply back
• Neck: Mahogany
• Profile: Slim Taper
• Nut width: 1.725" / 43.81mm
• Fingerboard: Rosewood
• Scale length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
• Number of frets: 20
• Nut: Bone
• Inlay: Mother-of-pearl Parallelograms
• Bridge: Traditional belly up
• Tuners: Gotoh Keystone
• Under Saddle pickup: LR Baggs VTC
• Controls: Volume and Tone
• Case: Gibson hardshell