MXR Van Halen Flanger Effects Pedal - EVH117
Everyone knows that it was the MXR Flanger that powered the timeless Van Halen tunes "Unchained" and "And The Cradle Will Rock." Now you can grab a piece of that world-class tone with the MXR EVH117 Flanger.
This amazing stompbox features the same bucket-brigade technology that provided the sweeping, whooshing magic of the original. But we didn't stop there. We've also added the EVH Switch, which instantly calls up Eddie's "Unchained" sound with the exact same Manual, Width, Speed and Regeneration settings that he used to get one of the greatest guitar tones of all time. If that's not cool enough, we painted the EVH Flanger with the rocking striped graphics that started a revolution.
Get the MXR EVH117 Flanger and hit the ground running.
The EVH Flanger meets Edward Van Halen’s demanding specs and requirements.
Please take a minute to read through this manual so you can get the most out of your EVH Flanger.
“It’s part of my sound and it’s on tons of our stuff. I’ve used it with a guitar, (Unchaine, Hear about it later) electric piano, (And the Cradle will Rock) synths ( Sunday afternoon in the park) It’s simple, powerful, consistent, reliable and a very distinct sound. A true stomp box”.
POWER The EVH Flanger is powered by two 9 volt batteries (accessed through the bottom of the pedal), an 18 volt AC adapter such as the Dunlop ECB004/ECB004EU, or a DC Brick™ power supply.
DESCRIPTION • Four different parameters for precise fine-tuning • EVH switch engages “Unchained” flanger tone • Custom EVH paint job
DIRECTIONS • Run a cable from your guitar to the EVH Flanger’s INPUT jack and run another cable from the EVH Flanger’s OUTPUT jack to your amplifier. • Start with all controls at 12 o’clock and the EVH switch disengaged. • Turn the effect on by depressing the footswitch. • Rotate the MANUAL control clockwise to emphasize higher frequencies or counterclockwise to emphasize lower frequencies. • Rotate the WIDTH control clockwise to increase the intensity of the time delay as set by the SPEED control or counterclockwise to decrease it.
- Input Impedance 470 kΩ
- Output Impedance 1 kΩ Signal to Noise* >98 dB Noise Reduction 2:1 ratio Max Delay 12.8 ms Rate Range 0.1 Hz to 10 Hz Bypass Hardwire Current Draw 35 mA
- Power Supply 18 volts DC *A-weighted, 0 dB = 1 Vrms
- Rotate the SPEED knob clockwise for a faster phase effect or counterclockwise for a slower phase effect.
- Rotate the REGEN. control clockwise to increase the overall intensity of the effect or counterclockwise to decrease it.
- Pushing in the EVH switch (indicated by yellow LED) engages the EVH “Unchained” mode, which overrides the MANUAL, WIDTH, SPEED and REGEN. controls with preset values for classic EVH flanging.
DUNLOP MANUFACTURING, INC.
P.O. BOX 846 BENICIA,
CA 94510 U.S.A.
- MANUAL knob controls degree of phase shifting
- WIDTH knob controls intensity of time delay set by SPEED knob
- SPEED knob controls speed of time delay REGEN. knob controls overall intensity of effect EVH switch engages “Unchained” mode (indicated by yellow LED)
- FOOTSWITCH toggles effect on/bypass (blue LED indicates on) EVH117 FLANGER