Taylor 224CEKDLX Grand Auditorium Cutaway Acoustic Electric
Fans of Hawaiian koa will love the look, feel and sound of this all-koa Grand Auditorium. A shaded edgeburst elevates the vintage appeal of the solid koa top, which is paired with layered koa back and sides, while a gloss finish wraps the body in a rich sheen.
The Grand Auditorium’s musical versatility makes this a great all-purpose guitar for both strumming and fingerpicking, and the hardwood koa top will even out a lively attack to produce a focused, linear voice. Player-friendly modern features include a cutaway and Taylor’s ES2 acoustic electronics.
Among the distinctive appointments are a single-ring faux pearl rosette in an interlocking “fishbone” pattern, black binding, Italian acrylic small diamond inlays, and chrome tuners. The guitar ships in a Taylor deluxe hardshell case.
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Grand Auditorium
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Shaded Edgeburst
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Back & Sides Wood: Layered Koa with Koa veneer
- Body Bracing: X Braced
- Binding: Black
- Neck Wood: Sapele
- Fingerboard Material: West African Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Italian Acrylic Small Diamonds
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: NuBone/Micarta
- Nut Width: 1.6875"
- Electronics: ES2
- Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Case Included: Hardshell case